As you all know (or you might not know) New Year’s is my favourite time of year! It’s just one of those things I’ve always loved, and I imagine I always will. However, New Year’s if we’re all honest about it, is definitely a diamond in the rough and it will always be that way, no one wants New Year’s to be a princess cut 2 ct diamond, because it just wouldn’t be the same.
There are great things that New Year brings along with it, of course the obvious would be a fresh start, and a reason to party, but it brings with it some things that just make New Year’s eve & New Year’s day the worst!
- First and foremost New Year’s eve is a brilliant night to end the year, it gives you a reason to dress up, get a little bit tipsy if you wanted to and to have a really good laugh.
- If you decide to go out on New Year’s, then await the endless queue to the bar, and probably being very thirsty the whole night. Getting tipsy lies in pre drinks, it’s hard to get drunk when you wait so long to get served! Saying that, I used to work in bars and working New Year’s is hard, so be nice when you’re out, they’re working so you can have fun!
- Finding someone to kiss at midnight! Why was this ever a thing? It’s like a slap in the face “You’re going into the New Year single and alone’ Thanks! Unless you have someone you CAN kiss at midnight, then go you.
- If you’re at home alone…then I’m jealous, because you’re cutting out all the drama of being on a night out and probably snuggling up on the sofa with your favourite foods, and that, I can totally get on board with.
- Downside to New Year’s, you don’t get any presents, but with it being Christmas a week earlier it softens the blow a little bit. I’m only joking, New Year’s is a gift in itself, it allows you to have a fresh start with people you love in your life.
- Finding the perfect outfit for NYE! This is a hard one, and for all of us girls who are into our makeup, choosing the right look is probably even a bit harder!
- When you’re friend that never really drinks, has a bit too much and you wind up having to look after them, surely that’s a staple in everyone’s New Year’s Eve?
- When you’re done with NY and have decided it’s time to call it a night, getting a taxi becomes the hardest thing you’ve ever to do up to that point, because guess what everyone has decided it’s time to call it a night just when you have.
- If you’re not planning to drink this year, then you don’t have to wake up with a hangover and start a brand new year breaking your first resolution by eating a fry up (the only way to cure a hangover) when you swore an oath to yourself to lead a healthier lifestyle.
- You get to do it every year with people you love, and welcome in a New Year, that with it comes a lot of opportunity for you to reach all of your goals that you have decided on.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope you have an absolutely amazing New Year! Let me know the makeup looks you go for this NY!
Love, as always,