I hope we are all in the festive spirit, and we are eating chocolate dancing around to Christmas music & watching our favourite Christmas films, if not then it’s fun, and it’s what I’ve been doing…also what is your favourite Christmas film? Mine is The Holiday it just gets me in such a good mood, I love it!
I thought I’d make a Christmassy dessert, because lets face it who doesn’t love dessert?
This one is so cheap & easy to make and you’ll find yourself making it for every dinner party, every festive night in, and just when you’ve had a bit of a crappy day.
You will need:
- Whipped cream
- Powdered Sugar (icing sugar)
The method I used I sort of winged it really, but it ended up so nice and I wrote down everything I did so you didn’t have to.
1. You need to put one cup of icing sugar into a bowl & mix it with a few glugs of Baileys. The mixture does need to be thick, so edit it as you go depending on how alcoholic you want it to be.
2. Heat the milk up in a pan and turn off when it’s hot, not too hot that you burn it, but hot enough to add in the chocolate so it melts.
3. Next you will need to add in the chocolate (I used 100g) to the hot milk and mix it in well so there’s no lumps.
4. Get your tub of double cream and split it in half, dividing it between the baileys & icing sugar mix and half of the cream into the milk and chocolate mixture. Leave after mixing for 2-3 minutes.
5. Crush the Oreos in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or anything just so they crush into small pieces.
5. Get a glass and layer it with cookies, baileys mixture & the chocolate milk mixture.
6. Decorate I.e The fun part. I used squirty cream to decorate mine & some left over Oreo pieces.
This is such a quick and easy dessert to make to get into the festive mood & have a tasty homemade treat.
The best thing about home made things is that you can try new things out, and your baking doesn’t need to look perfect as long as it tastes good.